Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Mount Saint Helen Tostada, Muy Bueno!

 

 

CAN 312 Night is falling as I return west along Highway 504 from Mount Saint Helen. I am headed back to downtown Portland, Oregon.

 

I don't think I will make it unless I deal with an upset friend.

 

 

Long before I approach Interstate 5 my stomach has fired warning shots that tells me it is not happy that I have spent the entire day basically ignoring it. With so much to see and do in so little time, I knew it would be near the end of the day before I sit down for a full meal.

 

CAN 327 Although there are other dining options nearby, it is almost always difficult for me to resist the full culinary flavors of Mexico.

El Compadre located in Castle Rock, Washington on Highway 504 just east of Interstate 5 knows my weakness.

 

 

 

 

 

SAM 016 Tamale And Tostada Combo

 

 

Warm tortilla chips with a flavorful but not too spicy salsa turns my weakness into a victory. For $8.95, I am dining on a generous size tamale and tostada along with rice and refried beans.

 

SAM 020 Remove the other customers, rearrange a few pieces of furniture and I would swear the flavors tell me I am having dinner in a Mexican family home.

Now I might be delusional after a day of hiking and being outdoors in the Great Pacific Northwest but I am willing to bet you a taco you will have the same great dining experience at El Compadre.

 

 

Muy Bueno!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment